I am a one-way ticket free spirit, who is on a mission to spread positive vibes and live life to the fullest! I hope to inspire others to do the same!
SUPERFOOD SERIES: WHEATGRASS
What is wheatgrass?
Wheatgrass is the young grass of the wheat plant. It’s grown in regions of Europe, the US, and commonly grown at home. It’s a rich source of vitamins and minerals. It does not contain gluten like wheat grain, for those who can’t consume gluten.
Why should you use wheatgrass?
Here are 10 of its health benefits.
- Wheatgrass has a high concentration of amino acids. These are essential for cell growth and regeneration. It’s a complete protein, containing all the necessary amino acids to build a strong, healthy body.
- It boosts your immune system. Its rich source of vitamins and minerals helps the body stay strong and fight off sickness and disease, helping you feel young and energized.
- It helps control appetite. It’s a dense source of nutrients, which leaves your body feeling satisfied, helping you steer clear of unhealthy snacks.
- It provides sustainable energy for the body, and is quickly absorbed into the bloodstream.
- It helps the body build healthy blood.
- It cleanses the body. It helps drain the lymphatic system where harmful toxins are stored, leaving you feeling refreshed and light. It also cleans out mucus and toxins in the rest of the body.
- It contains 30 different enzymes, providing better digestion and many other benefits.
- It’s a rich source of iron. This helps the body provide rich, healthy blood, maximizing your performance. This makes wheat grass a great supplement for women to use before, during, and after menstruation. It also contains high levels of potassium and magnesium, which relax the muscles, easing cramps.
- It’s a high source of protein, allowing the body to build strong muscles.
- It contains zinc, chlorophyll, cobalt, zinc, calcium, sodium, sulfur, and phosphorus, necessary vitamins and minerals for a healthy body.
How do you use wheatgrass?
Wheatgrass can be taken alone in liquid, powder, or tablet form. It can also be added to fresh juices and smoothies for a nutrient boost.
The recommended serving is 1 ounce 1x daily to maintain health, and 2 ounces twice daily to heal disease or sickness in the body.
Even with a small amount, you will feel the positive effects quickly.
Where do you buy wheatgrass?
If you can’t find a high quality wheatgrass at your local health food store in either the supplement section or in fresh produce, you can find it online.
Amazing Grass is a great source for organic wheatgrass powder. If you don’t like the taste, you can take wheatgrass tablets instead to still experience its benefits without the flavor.
stay updated. stay inspired.
subscribe for exclusive travel tips, inspirational words and epic giveaways!