I am a one-way ticket free spirit, who is on a mission to spread positive vibes and live life to the fullest! I hope to inspire others to do the same!
SUPERFOOD SERIES: TURMERIC
What is it?
Turmeric is a root from the ginger family native to southern Asia. It’s what gives curry its yellow color, and is popular in the health community for its powerful health benefits.
Why Should I Use It?
Here’s 10 Health Benefits of Turmeric
- Turmeric destroys inflammation. Inflammation causes health problems. If you want a healthy body, you want to consume anti-inflammatory foods.
- Turmeric destroys free radicals, and makes it easier for antioxidants to do their work. Antioxidants kill the bad guys in our bodies (the free radicals). Turmeric is an antioxidant, and also helps the body produce additional antioxidants. These are necessary for good health.
- Turmeric improves brain functions, and decreases your risk of brain diseases.
- It lowers your risk of heart disease.
- It prevents and helps cure cancer. It kills melanoma cells, and slows the growth of existing cancer cells everywhere in the body.
- Turmeric combats depression. It boosts our brains’ neurotransmitters’ serotonin and melatonin production, which are our happy hormones.
- Turmeric aids in weight loss by reducing leptin and insulin resistance, allowing your body to properly absorb sugars. This gives you steady energy throughout the day, and reverses diabetes.
- It detoxifies the liver.
- It prevents anxiety.
- It kills harmful bacteria, keeping your gut healthy and improving digestion. It’s also a powerful remedy for infections like a cold, flu, and more.
Where Can I Find It?
If you want to buy turmeric, you can buy it fresh in root form, in powdered form, or in supplement form. You can also buy it online.
What’s your favorite way to use turmeric? Let us know!
stay updated. stay inspired.
subscribe for exclusive travel tips, inspirational words and epic giveaways!