I am a one-way ticket free spirit, who is on a mission to spread positive vibes and live life to the fullest! I hope to inspire others to do the same!
SUPERFOOD SERIES: CINNAMON
What is it?
Cinnamon is the spice that comes from the bark of wild trees from the genus “Cinnamomum”, which are native to South America, Southeast Asia, and the Caribbean. It has been consumed since 2000BC in Ancient Egypt, where it was highly prized for its ability to heal multiple ailments.
Now, it is known and loved for its delicious flavor when added to baking and other dishes, as well as its many health benefits. According to researchers, it is one of the most powerful herbs and medicinal spices in the world.
Why should you use it?
Here are some health benefits of cinnamon.
- Cinnamon can help treat muscle spasms, cough loss of appetite, erectile disfunction,
- Cinnamon helps to lower unhealthy blood pressure.
- The component cinnamaldehyde found in cinnamon helps fight bacterial and fungal infections and kills bad guys in the body.
- It likely helps improve glucose and lipid levels in people with type 2 diabetes just by consuming 6 grams a day.
- Cinnamon protects brain function, and fights off factors causing cognitive decline. According to a recent study, an extract from cinnamon bark can help prevent Alzheimer’s disease (Prof. Michael Ovadia). It can also prevent Parkinson’s disease, and other age-related neuro-degenerative diseases (Dr. Axe).
- Research from Penn State shows consuming cinnamon helps combat the body’s negative response to eating high fat meals.
- Cinnamon actively promotes healing in the body, and can be used externally to heal multiple wounds.
- Cinnamon is packed with a wide variety of antioxidants, which fight damage from free radicals, which are the bad guys in our bodies that cause disease, inflammation, and things like cancer and premature aging.
- Cinnamon protects heart health. It reduces several of the most common risk factors for heart disease and high blood pressure. The compounds in cinnamon help lower levels of bad cholesterol in the body, while stabilizing levels of good cholesterol.
- Cinnamon protects dental health and freshens breath. The essential oil found in cinnamon is known to kill bad bacteria in the mouth and body, acting as a natural breath freshener.
Where can you find it?
You can find cinnamon at any grocery store- either ground or in whole cinnamon sticks. You can also find it online.
How do you use it?
Add cinnamon to smoothies, baked goods, and other recipes for a delicious, nutritious boost. A little goes a long way.
stay updated. stay inspired.
subscribe for exclusive travel tips, inspirational words and epic giveaways!