I am a one-way ticket free spirit, who is on a mission to spread positive vibes and live life to the fullest! I hope to inspire others to do the same!
SUPERFOOD SERIES: SPIRULINA
WHAT IS SPIRULINA?
Spirulina is a blue-green algae that grows naturally in freshwater. It’s recommended by the UN World Health Association as “the best food of the future” for its immense health benefits.
HOW DO YOU USE IT?
Spirulina can be taken as a supplement in tablet form. It can also be used in powdered form in smoothies or juices, or alone with coconut water or other drinks. When buying spirulina, make sure you find a pure, raw, organic source. Look below for purely sourced spirulina.
Take spirulina in between meals to prevent unhealthy snacking, curb sugar cravings, promote weight loss, detoxify the body, and much more.
WHY SHOULD YOU USE IT? Here’s 10 health benefits of spirulina.
- It reduces sugar cravings and helps with hunger control
- Spirulina reduces inflammation in the body and increases alkalinity. When you have an alkaline ph level in the body, dramatic healing begins taking place.
- It’s a great natural aid in detoxification.
- It’s a rich source of antioxidants. Antioxidants protect against the “rust” that occurs in the body, preventing oxidation and getting rid of free radicals that harm it.
- Spirulina supports liver and kidney function.
- It’s a great source of B vitamins, which can be hard to find for vegans.
- It boosts the immune system. Spirulina helps fight off infection and prevents illness.
- It improves digestion and helps heal digestive issues.
- It’s extremely nutrient dense, packing in rich sources of vitamins, minerals, and more. See the nutritional facts above.
- It’s an incredible source of protein- 4 grams per serving. It has more protein per weight than beef or any other animal protein. It is also a complete protein, meaning it contains all the amino acids you need to have a strong, healthy body. It’s 75% protein.
WHERE CAN YOU BUY SPIRULINA?
You can find spirulina in the supplement section at your local health food store. You can also find great sources online:
You can also find spirulina in the supplement section at most health food store.
Here’s a video with more information on the benefits of spirulina and other powerful superfoods:
stay updated. stay inspired.
subscribe for exclusive travel tips, inspirational words and epic giveaways!