10 HEALTH BENEFITS OF SEAWEED
- It’s great for digestion.
It contains something called alginate, which strengthens and protects the gut wall.
It’s a high source of fiber, keeping you full longer, and provides slow releasing energy.
- Seaweed is antiviral, anti-bacterial, and anti-microbial.
- It’s been proven to lower blood pressure, prevent strokes, and cardiovascular problems.
- It helps the body remove radioactive chemicals and other toxins from our environment.
- Seaweed is a powerful healer for many illnesses. It softens phlegm and mucus, eases hangovers, promotes urination when needed, and reduces inflammation and swelling.
- It reduces the risk of cancer and kills existing cancer cells. pinterest
- It’s full of vitamins and trace minerals. It includes calcium, folate, magnesium, omega-3’s, antioxidants, and vitamins A, B, and C. catchingseeds
- It’s a great source of iodine. Iodine can be difficult to include in your diet, and is essential for thyroid function, hormone balance, and brain development. One serving (2 tablespoons) of wild kelp contains roughly 10x the daily recommended amount of iodine (150 micrograms daily).
Deficiency in iodine can result in symptoms like fatigue, depression, muscle weakness, and high cholesterol. fannythefoodie
- It has 10x more calcium than milk. Calcium builds strong bones, hair, teeth, and nails. It keeps the blood from clotting, promotes a healthy nervous system, and helps muscles contract. Our bodies cannot produce calcium, so when we don’t consume enough, it is taken from our bones, resulting in conditions like osteoporosis (weak bones).
- It decreases PMS symptoms, and balances mood.
WHERE CAN YOU FIND SEAWEED?
When buying seaweed, make sure it comes from a reputable source. You don’t want dirty seaweed. You want organic seaweed grown in clean water with no use of pesticides, chemicals, or preservatives. It’s best when bought fresh, but can also be found offshore around the world- online or at most health food stores.