I am a one-way ticket free spirit, who is on a mission to spread positive vibes and live life to the fullest! I hope to inspire others to do the same!
SUPERFOOD SERIES: MACA
WHAT IS MACA?
Maca, a root from the radish family, is popularly used in powdered form as a potent healer. Originating from the mountains of Peru, it’s historically known as “herbal Viagra” for its many health benefits, including improved sex drive and balanced hormones.
WHY SHOULD YOU USE MACA?
Here are 10 of its health benefits.
- Maca balances hormones in both men and women. It controls estrogen and testosterone levels in the body.
- It decreases levels of anxiety and depression by increasing serotonin levels.
- It improves stamina for athletes, or anyone experiencing fatigue.
- It boosts antioxidants, which grab onto the bad guys in our bodies (the free radicals) and ensure they exit the body without causing any damage.
- Maca helps you achieve clear skin by balancing your hormones. Imbalanced hormones are a main contributor to acne and other skin conditions.
- Maca improves sexual function and sex drive.
- It’s rich in vitamins B, C, and E, minerals like zinc, iron, and phosphorous, as well as amino acids. These promote higher levels of energy, a stronger immune system, and faster recovery after physical exertion and menstrual cycles.
- Maca restores healthful cholesterol levels.
- It’s a rich source of calcium and magnesium, which help alleviate cramps, muscle soreness, and promote a calm mood.
- It can lessen and even eliminate PMS symptoms.
HOW DO YOU USE MACA?
When using maca for the first time, start with a small amount. It does not cause side effects, but it’s best to slowly adjust your body to the supplement. Add 1/2 teaspoon to recipes (smoothies, drinks, etc.), and gradually introduce more if you’d like. It has a strong taste, so it might be best to take it as a supplement first.
WHERE CAN YOU FIND MACA?
You can find maca at most health food stores in powdered form in the supplement section. You can also find it online. Look for a raw and organic version free from additives for the best results.
How do you like to use maca? Share your favorite recipes with us.
stay updated. stay inspired.
subscribe for exclusive travel tips, inspirational words and epic giveaways!