Hemp seeds are the seeds of the hemp plant Cannabis sativa. A powerful food previously ignored because of their “botanical relationship to drug/medicinal varieties of Cannabis” (Dr. Axe), hemp seeds are now recognized as one of the world’s most powerful foods. They do NOT cause any psychotropic reaction like their close relative marijuana. Instead, they are exceptionally nutritious and rich in protein, healthy fats, and various vitamins and minerals (Adda B.).
Why should you use hemp seeds?
Here are 10 of their health benefits.
- Hemp seeds are a complete protein. What does this mean? It means they contain every amino acid your body needs to build strong bones, muscles, and an overall strong body. Use 3 tablespoons as a source of protein in place of animal protein for immense health benefits, and none of the animal hormones, cholesterol, or inflammation caused by consuming animal products. Strawberry Banana Hemp Smoothie
- Hemp seeds are good for your brain. They’re a rich source of Omega 3’s, the healthy fats that keep your brain happy and functioning sharply, because your brain is made mostly of fat.
- Hemp seeds improve digestion. Rich in soluble and un-soluble fiber, they naturally cleanse the colon and feed the healthy bacteria in your gut.
- They balance hormones. They’re high in GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid), an essential fatty acid that’s been proven to balance hormones, leading to better menstrual cycles, higher sex drive, and more health benefits.
- The GLA found in hemp seeds has also proven to kill cancer cells, and keep them from initially forming (Dr. Axe). diettaste
- Hemp seeds improve your metabolism.
- They decrease sugar cravings, keeping you full longer, satisfying your body’s need for healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals.
- They’re a rich source of calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc, iron, vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, D, and E. This wide variety of vitamins and minerals do everything from promote better mood, build strong bones, keep the nervous system relaxed and functioning optimally, and more.
- Hemp seeds are a rich source of zinc, which keeps the immune system strong.
- They help grow healthy, supple skin, hair, and nails. Hemp seed oil is a great remedy for skin conditions such as eczema, acne, and psoriasis.
How do you use hemp seeds?
Create delicious recipes with hemp seeds like smoothies, granola bars, dressings, pudding, raw desserts, and more. Use raw hemp oil on salads for a nutrient boost, or take hemp in supplement form.
Sprinkle them on your salad, smoothie, cereal, or eat them on their own. They have a mild and pleasant creamy, earthy flavor.
Where can you find hemp seeds?
You can find hemp seeds in most health food stores, as well as online.
Click Here to Buy