I am a one-way ticket free spirit, who is on a mission to spread positive vibes and live life to the fullest! I hope to inspire others to do the same!
SUPERFOOD SERIES: GINGER
WHAT IS GINGER?
Ginger is a root spice rich in compounds providing powerful benefits for your brain and body.
WHY SHOULD YOU USE GINGER?
It contains gingerol, the resin from the root that acts as a strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. Extensive research shows its many benefits. Here’s why you should use it.
- Ginger keeps your risk of stroke and heart disease at bay with its anti-blood-clotting abilities
- It’s a natural remedy for indigestion, nausea, gas, and morning sickness. It relaxes the muscle in your gut lining and helps move everything through your system.
- Ginger is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. It kills bad bacteria, germs, fungus, and anything that shouldn’t be in your body. It prevents illness and most infections in the body.
- It helps with malabsorption. Promoting regular digestion and metabolism of food, it keeps your system clear from anything that might get stuck during digestion, and allows for everything to be optimally absorbed.
- It improves your immunity and respiratory function. It boosts the immune system, as its warming effect can help break down the accumulation of toxins in your organs. Frequent use keeps you feeling fresh and light.
- It cleanses your lymphatic system, our body’s sewage system.
- It relieves pain by alleviating inflammation from sensory nerve endings. Its temporary spicy property is the first sign that it’s working to alleviate pain from your body’s pain receptors.
- Ginger has been proven to delay the growth of cancer cells. It not only prevents cancer growth, but also slows growth of existing cancer cells.
- It naturally improves diabetes and enhances insulin sensitivity. It also surpasses sorbitol accumulation, which means it prevents you from developing diabetes in the first place.
- It prevents stomach ulcers caused by common anti-inflammatory drugs, such as aspirin and ibuprofen.
HOW DO YOU USE GINGER?
Eating ginger whole, drinking fresh ginger juice or tea, using dried ginger powder, and diffusing ginger essential oil are all highly effective ways to reap the benefits of the powerful plant. Add ginger to smoothies, pastas, baked goods, etc. for a delicious, nutritious superfood boost.
WHERE DO YOU FIND GINGER?
Look for ginger fresh, powdered, or in teas at any grocery store. You can also find it online. If they don’t sell ginger essential oil, you can buy it here:
stay updated. stay inspired.
subscribe for exclusive travel tips, inspirational words and epic giveaways!