WHAT IS APPLE CIDER VINEGAR?
Apple cider vinegar is vinegar made from (you guessed it) apples! It was discovered in 5000bc as a food preservative. It’s made through a long, slow fermentation process that creates a rich source of active compounds like gallic acid, acetic acid, and more which gives it its anti-oxidizing, antimicrobial properties.
WHY SHOULD YOU USE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR?Here are 10 of its health benefits.
- ACV a rich source of potassium. This feeds the nerves, muscles, and heart, leaving you feeling relaxed and calm, promoting heart health, and preventing muscle cramps.
- It promotes an alkaline body. Cancer and disease thrives in an acidic body, which can be prevented by keeping the body alkaline. It balances acid levels, neutralizing acid reflux and calming digestion.
- ACV is anti-fungal. It kills bacteria in the mouth, blood, and gut, bacteria that slows digestion and creates disease.
- This antibacterial property efficiently gets rid of your sore throat, cold sores, body odor, and sun burn (when mixed with coconut oil).
- It helps balance blood sugar- it’s used to manage and help treat diabetes.
- It brakes down plaque and reduces cholesterol, helping prevent heart disease.
- It gives you great skin- it’s cleansing to the skin, and can be used topically as a toner to balance its ph.
- Apple cider vinegar helps you lose weight. It reduces appetite for unhealthy cravings by restoring the body to a healthy level of acidity.
- It destroys mucus, giving relief to sinus pathways, and improving lymphatic drainage, your body’s sewage system. This gets rid of harmful toxins, keeping you energized.
- ACV improves your immunity, and boosts energy. Its potassium and enzymes speed up the process of nutrient absorption into the cells.
HOW DO YOU USE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR?
You can drink a tablespoon in 8 ounces of water and add things like honey, lemon, or tea. It has an astringent, bitter taste that some can handle more easily when sweetened. Some take it like a shot with added water. But if you don’t like its flavor on its own, add it to a smoothie or juice, use it in a dressing, or use it as a substitute for vinegar in cooking. Here are some simple ACV recipes to kickstart your health.
WHERE CAN YOU FIND APPLE CIDER VINEGAR?
You can find it in most grocery or health food stores. One of the most common brands is Bragg ACV, which you’ll see in most stores.
You can also buy it online through places like Thrive Market
Click Here to BuyWant to learn more about Apple Cider Vinegar? Watch this short video.